Monday, December 14, 2009

How a film buff decorates for Christmas

Sorry I haven't posted here much lately but I've been quite busy readjusting to life in Ohio, watching movies (more to come from Sir Critic - end of the year, ya know) and preparing for the holly-days.

Ah, the holidays - I must admit I am a sucker for such things, although you might not be able to tell by the way I decorate. I don't believe in manual labor, you see, so I'm not one to deck all my halls. I do have a full-size Christmas tree, but that is simply too much trouble for me. I'd blow a few fuses in my brain just trying to string on the lights, to say nothing of actually assembling the darn thing. I'd end up singing my own version of Monty Python's Lumberjack song!

All that said, I DO like to decorate at least a little for Christmas, the key word being little. So last year I bought a little tree to decorate. I call it my "Charlie Brown Christmas tree." Those of you who know me are probably smiling knowingly, because, yes, I can still recite much of the TV from memory.



Here's what mine looks like:




But the real fun is in the details! Being the film nut I am,  I have a number of ornaments with characters who have appeared in movies. Observe:












 





Yes, I'm a Wizard of Oz fan - but what reasonable person isn't?  For more fun with the photos, check out my new photo album on Facebook. Again, you don't have to be on Facebook to see it. 

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."

(Cue "Hark the Herald Angels Sing")

1 comment:

  1. Hark the herald angels sing
    Glory to the newborn King!
    Peace on earth and mercy mild
    God and sinners reconciled.
    Joyful, all ye nations rise,
    join the triumph of the skies,
    with the angelic host proclaim:
    Christ is born in Bethlehem.
    Hark! The herald angels sing,
    Glory to the newborn King!

    I always like Linus' meaning of Christmas speech best.

    ReplyDelete